View Our Community Profile by clicking here! In addition to what is provided below, we also offer customized market reports, traffic counts, custom defined radius demographics, aerial mapping, GIS mapping, and much more upon request.
- The Port of Savannah offers one of the largest selections of all-water China-U.S. services on the U.S. East Coast.
- Savannah provides access to more high-volume retail distribution centers than any other port in the U.S. South-east.
- The Port of Savannah provides direct, convenient access to the largest U.S. consumer markets.
- Savannah ranks among the top U.S. ports in terminal efficiency.
- Trade between Savannah and China has grown 18% over the last five fiscal years (July-June, 2006-2010).
- The Port of Savannah is the biggest portal for China Trade in the U.S. Mid & South Atlantic. In FY10, it handled 48% of total Mid & South Atlantic trade with China.
- China accounted for 34% of GPA’s total trade in FY10.
- In FY10, Savannah was the number one destination for all of the top five import commodities going into the Mid & South Atlantic from China, as well as three of the top five export commodities going from the Mid & South Atlantic to China.
- With $1.7 billion in planned improvements, Savannah is the best-positioned port to provide the additional vessel and terminal capacity required for projected U.S. East Coast-China trade growth.
Foreign Trade Zones (FTZs) provide a secure, efficient and profitable way to compete effectively in domestic and global markets. Companies in FTZs have become a thriving sector in the U.S. economy. The World Trade Center Savannah was awarded the Grant of Authority for Foreign Trade Zone 104, and stands ready to help companies save money and compete globally.
An FTZ is an area within the United States, in or near a U.S. Customs port of entry, where foreign and domestic merchandise is considered to be outside of the U.S. Customs territory. Foreign Trade Zones were legislated by the U.S. Congress to facilitate international trade and enhance the global competitiveness of U.S. based companies and affiliates, whether the parent company is located domestically or abroad. Certain types of merchandise can be imported into a zone without going through formal customs entry procedures or paying import duties. Customs duties and excise taxes are due only when merchandise leaves the FTZ for consumption in the U.S. If the merchandise never enters U.S. commerce, then no duties or taxes are paid on those items.
For more information on FTZs and their benefits, contact the Word Trade Center Savannah.
The Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport is located only minutes from Effingham County and it’s available Industrial Sites. With multiple airlines and flight times, and our central location at the border of Georgia and South Carolina, you can spend less time on travel and more time on business. Airlines:
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
The City of Savannah Georgia and Effingham County are located within minutes of the intersection of two major interstate routes. North/South Interstate 95 and East/West Interstate 16. This intersection acts as a hub for a triangular region in one of the fastest growing areas in the nation. Centered between Jacksonville, Florida and Charleston, South Carolina the intersection allows for tri-port service and ease of access to major markets such as Atlanta, Miami and the entire Eastern Seaboard. Two major main line and one short line rail services are directly accessible from Effingham County industrial sites. Both Norfolk Southern and CSX services connect to and provide direct intermodal services to the Georgia Ports.
Effingham County is the proud home to the Effingham Health System, the community’s primary source for medical care and wellness services, currently undergoing a $30 million expansion project estimated to be complete in early 2012. The hospital’s main campus offers an advanced emergency medicine program, a full complement of diagnostic services including laboratory and imaging, same day and general surgery, inpatient care and a host of outpatient rehabilitative programs. Off the main campus, community members can enjoy the convenience of an OPEN-MRI center as well as an outpatient imaging center, complete with a women’s program, both located in Rincon. In addition to critical life-saving care and ongoing preventative care and wellness screenings, Effingham Health System has established ECB Occupational Medicine, a service developed in order to respond to the ongoing and complex needs for area employers. ECB Occupational Medicine offers small business, corporate, civic and industry leaders in Effingham, Chatham and Bryan Counties the tools, training and testing needed to ensure their employees are compliant with health policies, as well as provide a wide spectrum of wellness and preventative care services. ECB Occupational Medicine works with clients to develop a customized and cost-effective employee wellness program that specifically meets the complex needs of their industry and workforce. In addition to providing high-quality workforce health and wellness services, Effingham Health System is pleased to provide comprehensive family, women’s, pediatric and geriatric healthcare, all provided by a team of experienced physicians and allied health specialists. The core of ECB pre-employment and ongoing health assessment services include:
- Audiometric Testing
- Chest X-Ray
- DOT Physical
- Drug Screens
- Employee Physicals
- Fit Testing
- Flu Shots
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis Titer
- Lab Work
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Vision Screening
In addition to the above screening and testing services ECB also provides guest speakers who offer complimentary presentations to your workforce on a variety of topics from cancer prevention to heart health, from CPR to best practices in flu prevention. Additionally, in Savannah are two major hospital systems and more than 600 private physicians in the city alone. Savannah is the healthcare hub of a 40-county area encompassing coastal Georgia and parts of South Carolina. St. Joseph’s Hospital, with 305 beds, is a general acute care facility considered one of the best in the country. Memorial Health University Medical Center, with 530 beds, provides tertiary care to 35 counties and is a regional referral center for cancer care, trauma, rehabilitation, high-risk obstetrics, neonatology, pediatrics, and cardiac care.
Labor Market and Workforce:
- Effingham County designated a Work Ready community by the State of Georgia in June 2011.
- Located in the Savannah MSA, the Effingham Area offers a labor force of 212,988 workers.
- The Average Age of Effingham County Citizens is 35.2.
- The Average Wage in Effingham County is $675 per week.
- Median Household income of Effingham County Residents was $58,134 in the year 2009.
- 21% of Effingham County workforce engaged in Goods Producing jobs.
- 86.4% of Effingham workers aged 25-34 have High School education or Better.
- 58.4% of Effingham workers aged 25-34 have College experience or possess degrees.
- 2,400 to 3,600 cross-trained, skilled workers from area military bases exit the service every year with excellent work ethics and many choose to remain in the area.
- View full Labor Market information see the Effingham County Labor Profile 2013.
- View Salaries and Wages in the Savannah Market 2013.
- Demographic Information: Effingham County Demographics
Additional Information about Effingham County